Skip to main content

Journey Towards Master's Degree

Assalamualaikum...


What a surprise result this morning! I found myself floating back into the memory of the long journey that brought me to this moment.

It all started two years back #padazamandahulu, just before my bachelor’s degree graduation where I was accepted to further my studies at Universiti Putra Malaysia pursuing Master Degree in Computer Science Software Engineering.

A promise made to my parents that I will find my own way to support the fees to further this study of mine. Not even want to wait for any funds or scholarship, that might take more of my time which will affect my personal challenge and target, to obtain the PhD before I aged 30.
I knew that this decision I made, the move that I took, would change me forever. The way I allocate my time for my job as software developer, time for me to spend with my family, friends and myself, money and effort that leads to no more leisure on weekends where I need to spend those time reading and scratching head in hope of achieving this master’s.
Working while studying is not that easy as I need to read, write and attend classes after my working hours. It is tiring at first but, this experience nurtured my intellectual curiosity and introduced myself to great time management. As predicted, it is hard to spend time with family and friends during this period of time but no matter how busy you are, you must take time to make other person feel important.
Big thank to my Lovely Parents, family members, friends, lecturers and colleagues that always supporting me and understand my situation. For this I would like to specially thanked and express my gratitude to the one and only, my supervisor, who had gave me great guidance from the beginning until the completion of the journey that enable me to develop an understanding of this study thoroughly. Thank You Allah! Alhamdulillah...
If I can do it u can too!!
To the person reading this, you will get better. It may not be today, or tomorrow, but you will. Dont give up on yourself, not now, not ever



Thank You for your wishes!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perjalanan PhD ku

Assalamualaikum Entri kali ini adalah berkenaan dengan perjalanan ku untuk mendapatkan PhD pada usia 28 tahun. Alhamdulillah, Allah kabulkan doa aku untuk menggenggam PhD sebelum aku berusia 30 tahun. Aku pernah letak satu azam pada tahun 2010. Waktu itu aku berada dalam semester pertama pengajian sarjana muda aku di UPM. Aku sedang menunggu bas bersama kawan baikku, Ahmad Amirrul. Kata aku “Mirul, aku nak jadi lecturer. Aku nak dpt PhD sebelum umur aku 30 tahun”. Ya, itulah ayat aku. Mungkin passion aku adalah mengajar. Aku tak biarkan azam aku tu menjadi angan-angan semata-mata. Alhamdulillah selepas tamat pengajian Master di universiti yang sama pada Jun 2016, aku mendaftarkan diri dalam pengajian doktor falsafah, kejuruteraan perisian (Software Engineering) di fakulti yang sama iaitu Fakulti Komputer dan Teknologi Maklumat, UPM pada tahun yang sama bulan September 2016.

Selamat Hari Guru 2017

Aku dibesarkan di kampung. Mendapat pendidikan awal di Tabika Kemas (f) P/7. Setiap hari mak hantarku ke sekolah jalan kaki sejauh 0.5km. Mak akan mengait baju di pondok berhadapan dengan kelas kerana khuatir akanku yang sering menangis. Cikgu Lina seorang guru kelas yang baik. Mak akan senyap2 balik ke rumah bila dia tgk aku macam dah ok. kadang2 bila mak kantoi tinggalkan aku, aku nangis2 balik rumah tinggalkan kelas tadika tu. Pening cikgu tu dibuatnya. Sory Cikgu.  

Titik Mulaku sebagai calon PhD

Assalamualaikum... Pada zaman dahulu kira-kira enam tahun lepas, aku mula berhasrat untuk penyambung pelajaran hingga ke PhD. Sewaktu itu, aku masih berumur dalam lingkungan 20 tahun di mana aku masih berada di peringkat sarjana muda. Aku sering menyatakan hasrat tersebut kepada kawanku kerana minatku yang mendalam dalam menjadi pengajar dalam bidangku iaitu kejuruteraan perisian.